Data Recovery For External Hard Drive is a crucial process that helps in retrieving lost or corrupted data from external hard drives. Whether it’s due to accidental deletion, formatting, virus attack, or physical damage, data loss can be a frustrating experience. In this article, Amqid.info will recommend the best five data recovery software for external hard drives that can help to recover lost data efficiently.
Data Recovery For External Hard Drive Overview
An external hard drive, also known as an external hard disk, is a large storage device that may be used by both Windows and Mac users to transfer files, save large amounts of data, or create backups of important personal data items. It, like other types of storage devices, is susceptible to data loss for a variety of reasons.
On this page, we’ll introduce you to four dependable external hard drive recovery methods and walk you through the process of selecting the best approach to recovering data from external hard drives under various conditions. To choose the best external hard drive recovery solution, you must first understand what causes file loss on your device.
What Causes External Hard Drive Data Loss?
Here is a list of data loss reasons that anyone may encounter on a daily basis on an external hard drive:
- File deletion or formatting by mistake
- Loss or damage to critical file system structures
- System shutdown or application failure that was unexpected
- Partition buildings have been damaged or destroyed.
- Damage caused by a power outage or surge
- Virus infection or other unknown causes
What to Do If You Have Lost Files on an External Hard Drive
There is no need to be concerned if you have lost data due to one of the reasons listed. Check out the two tips below to learn how to recover files from an external hard drive right now:
1. Immediately stop utilizing the external hard drive. If you lose data on an external hard drive, you should stop using it since fresh data will very certainly overwrite the lost data, rendering the lost files unrecoverable.
2. Seek assistance from a reputable data recovery solution. When you lose data from an external hard drive or other storage device, using EaseUS data recovery software is the best option.
In the following section, you’ll discover how to select the best method and rapidly recover your lost files from an external hard disk.
Best 5 Data Recovery For External Hard Drive Recommend
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is external hard drive recovery software that can assist you in recovering data from your external disk. This software is commonly used for:
- Recover data from an external hard disk that has been wiped, formatted, or lost.
- Data recovery from an external hard drive following a virus attack, OS crash, OS reinstallation, or the file system turning RAW
- Recover existing file types such as images, movies, audio files, emails, documents, and so on.
- External hard drives from Buffalo, WD, Seagate, Toshiba, Samsung, Lacie, Silicon, ADATA, and others are supported.
- Repair films such as MP4, MOV, and photos such as JPG, JPEG, GIF, and so on.
Recommended for: Windows and Mac users of all skill levels
Utilization Ease: Best for beginners, simple UI design, 3-step recovery
Aside from external hard drives, you may use Ease US data recovery software to recover files from your computer’s hard drive, USB flash drives, memory cards, digital cameras, and other storage devices.
Ontrack began as a data recovery service provider, primarily providing hard disk repair and data recovery services to users worldwide. Ontrack has recently introduced data recovery software that allows users to undertake DIY data recovery at home.
Ontrack EasyRecovery, like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, enables restoring lost files on both Windows and Mac machines. Check out what this hard disk recovery program can do:
- Files can be recovered from corrupted, erased, or formatted disks.
- Recover data from internal and external hard drives, SSDs, USBs, memory cards, and other storage devices.
- Premium and higher versions Repair damaged and corrupted photographs and videos.
Recommended for: Windows and Mac users
Utilization Ease: A Three-Step Recuperation Procedure
Restore My Files
Recovery My Files, a vintage data recovery software, may be familiar to experienced users. GetData has created an old-school data recovery software.
You can use this software to recover data and files from the following cases and devices:
- Recover data from a hard disk, external hard drive, camera card, USB, Zip, and other storage devices.
- Recovering files after emptying the recycle bin
- File recovery after formatting, disk crash, partitioning issue, and so on.
- Recover documents, photographs, videos, music, and other media.
Only for Windows users.
Utilization Ease: Not suitable for novices due to the sophisticated interface
GetDataBack, like Recover My Files, is a traditional data recovery software that allows users to undertake DIY data recovery on their own. GetDataBack is produced by runtime software and comes in 64-bit and 32-bit versions for the Windows OS.
So, what can you do with this hard disk recovery software? Let’s have a look:
- Data recovery on NTFS, FAT, exFAT, EXT, HFS+, and APFS devices is supported.
- Recover data that has been lost due to formatting, partitioning, virus assault, power outage, or software failure.
Recommended for: Windows, Mac, and Linux users
Utilization Ease: 4+ data recovery steps, not for beginners
Although Piriform Recuva is an ancient Data Recovery For External Hard Drive software, it is still a capable data recovery software among a plethora of disk recovery solutions. Because of its remarkable effectiveness in file recovery, this software retains a huge number of fans.
Recuva outperforms its competitors in terms of price, despite the fact that its UI is outdated and rather difficult for beginners. Let’s have a look at what this external hard disk recovery program can do:
- Recover files from your computer, recycle bin, digital camera card, MP3 player, and other storage devices.
- Recover photos, audio, documents, movies, and so on.
- Recover data from external storage devices such as external hard drives, USB sticks, and so on.
- Files can be securely deleted or erased.
Only for Windows users.
Utilization Ease: Not suitable for beginners
In conclusion, Data Recovery For External Hard Drive is a necessary tool for anyone who wants to recover lost data from their external hard drives. With the help of the recommended software, users can restore their files safely and efficiently. It’s important to remember that prevention is always better than cure, so make sure to back up important data regularly to avoid data loss in the future.